Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 1st Posada Concepcion (coco) @ Bahia Concepcion

Calmer day
  


Today we hitchhiked to the small village of Mulege. 
We got a ride by a nice couple after about ½ hour. We went to a internet café and emailed family (yay!!!), my email is not working yet. I tried to find info on our modem because my computer wasn’t seeing our modem. I called and they said I need to download a driver for my cable. I left the cable on the boat so no idea who the manufacturer is, have to wait again. Wish I could call the kids,  I was able to email them. We then went to a outdoor palapa type restaurant called the Shack. The owner is a gringo Troy, with a  very nice Mexican wife and two adorable children. One was Cam he was maybe 3yrs and Mical who is around 7 maybe. Great kids Mical is very socialble with a sense of humor. Mical took a stick and was knocking down dates from a palm tree to give us, she was so cute.   The tacos were ok, but the people next to us ordered sandwiches and they looked awesome. One guy said he was from Sitka and knows my brother inlaw Guy, cant remember his name now. After lunch we walked to Scottys  a bar and grill up the street.  The guys had a beer while Janie and I went to shop and bought a couple nice shirts. We got back and met the people the guys were visiting with and proceded to have several cervas's. Then the four of us walked out of town to hitch a ride back to the beach and our boats. We walked about a mile and found another bar called Jungle Jims on the beach. We met a lot of really great people and whooped it up good. One of the guys we met at Scottys, gave us a ride back to our boats. Oh what a night, a bit slow the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment