Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Decmeber 13th, Puerto Escondido



 

Today we got up and with Cam and Janie hitch hiked to Loreto.  We were picked up pretty fast by a Itailian guy that lives in LaPaz and owns a tour company that does tours of the Baja.  We walked the little shops, had a cervas at the really cool hotel there, cant remember the name.  This hotel has a pool on the roof , the lobby is below and the pool can be viewed in the ceiling, very cool place.  Hugh doors like a story book, hotel room doors are carved and made of thick dark wood all rounded on the tops,  candles line the outdoor hallways and there are small rock lined sitting areas throughout with tropical plants.  Up on the roof is where the pool, bar and resturant lined with tropical potted plants are located, beautiful view!!  We then walked to a place called Augies and proceeded to drink tequila with some young austrailian guys we met.  I told everyone as they were buying me shots, "say good night to Dot, because I dont do shots and Captian you are in charge of your first mate tonight : )", so as you might imagine after several shots of tequila and lots of hootin and howlin I left my purse somewhere and it had my cell phone, camera, Tiffs present and 600 peso in it.  A cab gave us a ride back to our marina, 14 miles away, the cost 389 peso (about 12 usd to 1 peso).  We gave Cam and Janie aride in our dink back to their boat and I lost my balance reaching for their boat and I fell in the water!  Yep, but no worries the water was nice, and I had my Captian to pull me out :  )
Lessons learned don’t drink tequila!

No comments:

Post a Comment